The Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC) of the college was established in the year 2005 as per NAAC guidelines. with the objective of ushering in quality culture in the institution and providing the necessary environment to sustain the same. The IQAC has been acting as a nodal centre to set quality benchmarks in academic and administrative activities of the institution.
This year(2014) the college is going for NAAC Re accreditation(3rd Cycle) and the IQAC is involved in coordinating all the preparation for it.There are several Initiatives taken by IQAC this year. Some of them are
1. Letter Of Intent for NAAC Re accreditation Filed and the preparation of Self Study Report is on.
2. Orientation programme for First year students was conducted.
3. Stake holders survey for students conducted. Stake holders survey for Alumni is being conducted.
4. Selected Staff from all the Institutions under MES have been trained in managing their Institutional Website and a Web site maintenance Protocol/Manual has been brought out.
5. Practical Manual for Physics (all semesters) and Mathematics (I st Semester has been brought out.
6. The faculty of MES Degree have been trained in the use of Smart board and a survey on use of ICT in Teaching and Learning was conducted. Based on the results of the survey Staff are being encouraged and helped to integrate ICT methods in teaching .
7. The IQAC room has been provided with Cupboards, PC and Printer. An IQAC Library has been established for the benefit of the faculty.
8. A half a day workshop on Institutional Gap analysis was undertaken and based on it the Institutional SWOC and Perspective Plan is being finalized
9. Staff meetings are being held on a regular basis to discuss and finalize the SSR.
10. The IQAC has started to identify deficiencies in Infrastructure and recommend renovation. In this connection
(a) The NCC office room of 1 Karnataka Armoured Sqn has been given a complete facelift with Honor Board, Wall of Fame etc.
(b) Several departments have been provided with PC, LCD Projector, Screen, Printer etc. The process of providing WI-Fi Boosters in each floor and the Library is on.
Up coming Event
The IQAC is organizing a one day State Level Workshop for college teachers on the theme “Innovations and Best practices in Higher Education” on 23rd August 2014
Orientation for First ywear Students and Stake holders survey (Students)